Acquisitions & Mergers
Whether you are considering buying a business or merging with another business, we have the experience and expertise you need. Are you getting a good deal? Is the business right for you? Can you afford it? Have all avenues for future growth been investigated? We ask the right questions to ensure there are no hidden surprises.
The services we provide cover every stage of the process, from identifying potential acquisitions and negotiating the commercial elements of the transaction, to forecasting the future of the business. These services include:
- A review of your goals and objectives
- Due diligence services
- Preparation of financial forecasts
- Advice on the potential pitfalls and rewards involved in a merger
- Assistance with purchase negotiations
- Advice on financing
- Assistance with preparing a business plan.
By drawing on the skills of professionals you can reduce the risk of purchasing an unsuitable business. Let BDK Buscombe show you how our experience can save you stress and provide you with the great opportunity a business acquisition or merger can be.
Company legislation requires businesses to perform several administration tasks that take up a lot of valuable company time. The last thing you need as a business owner is to be stressed out trying to ensure you comply with the corporations law. The possible threat of penalties for failing to keep up with the changing rules is too risky.
At BDK Buscombe we can relieve this burden for you. Our services include:
- General advice on company law
- Company formations
- Filing annual returns on your behalf
- Preparing all documentation related to minutes and resolutions
- Maintaining statutory books
- Assistance with changes of directors, shareholders, addresses, and office details
- Bonus issues
- Share transfers
- Registered office facility.
Please contact us for further information on how we can help you get back to running your business.
At BDK Buscombe we offer a range of services to help you invest in residential and commercial property.
These include but are not limited to:
- Advice on purchasing a property
- Reviews of lease agreements
- Advice on funding
- Guidance in tax minimisation
- Advice on ownership structure
- Periodic reviews to ensure returns are maximised.
Understanding the future potential of your investment is critical. We can provide you with forecasts for:
- Revenue returns
- Financial position
- Potential growth.
Contact us today for more information on how we can assist you in the business of rental properties.
A trust provides a valuable way to protect the assets you have accumulated for the benefit of others. Our extensive experience with trusts enables us to offer specialist advice on trust formation and ensures all statutory requirements are met. Obligations for trustees can often be onerous and our assistance in trust administration can help you navigate through these requirements. We can assist with:
- Preparing and executing the vital documentation required for trust formation
- Attending to the special requirements involved in reporting for trusts
- Completing the trust administration, including:
- Minute-keeping service
- Annual accounts
- Asset management
- Investment monitoring
- Income distribution.
Contact us today to ensure your trust is formed and administered as effectively as possible, covering all legal requirements and guaranteed to fulfill its purpose.
Business Growth & Succession Planning
Does owning and managing your business feel like a roller coaster ride? You are not alone; many of our clients have experienced the highs and lows of running a successful business.
Grow or go?
At BDK Buscombe we understand and specialise in advising small to medium enterprises. We provide innovative solutions to our valued clients so they can:
- Focus on sales and improve their profits
- Minimise their business risks
- Retain and motivate their staff
- Protect, grow and realise their maximum business wealth to retirement.
Succession requires planning!
We encourage you to take the FIRST step in developing a plan for your future success.
Download the following articles and case studies to learn more about effective growth and succession planning for your business:
We are committed to helping you achieve your financial success. We want to provide you with access to information that will help you in understanding and managing your risks, enabling you to protect and grow the value of your business.
The business growth and succession survey is a business assessment tool designed to help you complete a self-assessment of your business, providing you with a better understanding of your risks and opportunities.
The survey should take no more than 10 minutes to complete. When you have finished it, fax the survey back to us on (07) 5443 3228. We will evaluate your responses and contact you to discuss how we can help you achieve your goals.
Do you need to grow before you go?
Are you going to be relying on the sale of your business to fund your retirement? Do you need to grow your business profit and value before you sell?
With the number of businesses for sale predicted to increase substantially as ‘baby boomer’ business owners retire, prices will fall. If you are planning to sell during the next few years, you will probably be selling into a buyer’s market, so you need to make sure your business is well positioned to attract a price that will provide you with a strong return on your investment.
As unpleasant as the task is, estate planning is one of the necessities of life. Knowing your hard-earned assets will be dealt with in the manner you choose, provides peace of mind.
We can guide you through the process of deciding who will take over ownership of your business and providing for business continuity.
The executor and trustee of a will are required to perform a number of duties. As experienced estate planners we can ensure your succession plans are carried out in accordance with your wishes. We do this working with your Lawyer.
We can help you with these estate administration tasks:
- Meeting to discuss objectives for your estate
- Confirming assets – valuations, inventories, and appraisals
- Documentation involved in estate planning
- Protecting the assets
- Paying taxes and debts
- Estate distribution.
As the government encourages Australians to take responsibility for and reach their financial retirement goals, a growing number of people are required to deal with superannuation funds.
Superannuation law is a delicate area and personalised planning is required to enable you to reach your financial retirement goals.
We can help you achieve your financial retirement goals by:
- Establishing self-managed superannuation funds
- Completing information for the Insurance and Superannuation Commissions
- Conducting superannuation audits
- Providing advice on compliance matters, taxation benefits and employer obligations.
Make your Super smarter
Would you like to decide where and how your superannuation funds are invested?
Do you have insufficient funds for a Self Managed Super Fund?
Do you want to maintain full control of your SMSF portfolio, without the reporting and audit requirements?
If you answered “yes” to any of these questions, then we have a solution for you.
Take control of your Super
Create your own personalised investment portfolio. You can build a portfolio of ASX listed shares, term deposits and managed funds in the same way as a Self-Managed Superannuation Fund (SMSF) without the burden of maintaining paperwork, trustee compliance and accounting procedures.
- Ability to invest in ASX listed direct equities
- Ability to fully participate in corporate actions
- Online access and portfolio reporting
- Low cost administration fees and no transaction charges
- Ability to off market transfer shares in and out of the fund
- Receive franking credits when dividend is paid
- Account Based & Term Allocated Pensions (including TTR) available
- Non-residents are able to establish an account
- Automatic transfer of existing insurance inside super
- Keep the same superannuation fund right through your working career and into retirement
- Individual HIN for every member – CHESS sponsored by broker
Ask us about making your Super smarter!
Am I getting the best price for the sale of my business? Is the asking price too much? An independent valuation provides you with answers to the questions you often need to ask about the value of a business or property.
We are trained and experienced in business valuations and can provide you with simple guidelines and formulae to determine the value of your business or property.
Choose BDK Buscombe for a professional, accurate valuation service.
Want to know more about our Specialist Services
Contact us today